Image via Pixabay by bluemorphos
Getting Crafty: The Basics
When I first caught the crafting bug, I wanted to jump right in with a big project. It wasn’t until I was covered in paint, trying to remove decoupage glue from a piece of fabric, and several hours into a no-where-near-finished project that I realized starting with making my own headboard might not have been the best idea.
So, I took a few steps back and started learning the basics of crafting. Along the way, I found some great tutorials. For all of you newbies out there, here are some tutorials and beginner’s guides to help you get started:
How to Knit (Video):
- A Beginner’s Guide to Decoupage
- Sewing for Beginners
- About.com’s Beginners’ Corner for Jewelry Making
- Simple and Easy Paper Party Decorations
- 20 Creative Simple DIY Crafts for Beginners
- 6 Easy Cake Decorating Ideas
- How to Stencil a Wall: A Beginner’s Guide
- Interior Design 101
I hope you’ll find these guides and tutorials as helpful as I did. They offer a great way to get your feet wet without taking too much on all at once. That way you can have the satisfaction of making your first project a huge success!